Saturday 1 December 2012

a day of culture...


My mum and younger sister visited me today, to bring up my gifts for my birthday
 as I won't be home for it this year, and so we had a day out.
Visiting The Potteries Museum which is local to me, and has a stunning exhibition
of the Staffordshire hoard on at the moment that I did not want my mum to miss out on, and Newcastle Museum In Newcastle Under-Lyme which is where as of
February 2013 I will be working on placement. 
Both Museums are stunning and we had a wonderful day, the arts and crafts section in
Newcastle Museum was adorable and brought back my love of all home-made things!
Hence my obsession with shows like Kirstie Allsopp's many series on channel 4! 
We finished our day with a stop in the beautiful Michael Angelo Cafe and a little treat!
Nothing makes me happier than winter days with the ones I love!
(Writing this while listening to Christmas Songs has made this feel very Christmassy)
Happy 1st of December 
x
 

Images from The Potteries Museum,
A stunning painting by
Robert Polhill Bevan which is
undated. Every time I see this painting I
 fall in love with it just a little bit more.
The owl that has caught the stoat,
 I just though demonstrates
perfectly how brutal nature is!








 These images are from Newcastle Museums crafts section, I loved the idea of these wooden USB sticks! that are beautiful. The lamps were impressive and something I am going to try and make myself! and the Ritz box clock, well that speaks for itself! 

Ending the day with the ones I love and a gorgeous hot beverage 

x





No comments:

Post a Comment