Sunday 10 February 2013

Prince Charming ...



at about 8 years old, I was the girl dancing around the playground singing "Prince Charming! Prince Charming! ridicule is nothing to be scared of, don't you ever, don't you ever, stop being dandy showing me you're handsome" a beautiful sentiment in itself, but it didn't exactly make me 'cool', mostly because none of my friends (born in the years 92/93) had ever even heard of Adam and the Ants let alone be a fan of them! 

Me and my mother would watch her old 'top of the pops' VHS's on the VCR player and sing along to all the punk rock, and new romantic classics. 
They were my first gigs, on my living room carpet and my first education of music, that taught me all my important lessons. Adam Ant I salute you! and I love my mother for giving me this music history!
                                                                              xx

No comments:

Post a Comment